Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Timmons looks to Check his Mates

By OHS Torch Reporter, Cole Hammel

This fall Colby Timmons and the OHS Chess Team looks to have their opponents in checkmate as they begin the challenge of returning players to state.

Last year the Chess Team experienced a great amount of success with junior Colby Timmons  placing third on board two. Placing in Chess isn't new for Colby his sophomore year he placed second on board four.

Senior Colby Timmons said,”I don’t know where my success came from. It just came naturally to me. Chess is like a second nature to me.”

Colby and the chess team will be tested when state time comes around February,12-13 Colby and the team hope to have many places and hopeful champions.

Senior Colby Timmons was very humble when asked about his State Runner-up finish on board four and his third place finish on board two.

Colby said, “ I don’t really like to brag about my success in chess, but I’m very proud about my third place finish on board four. I think that's something that I can look back on and be proud of.”
The Chess Team is coached by Mr. Kent Hieronymus. Coach Hieronymus is going into his final year of teaching and possibly coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment