Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Watch OHS Boys Shake It At Mr. Spartan 2016

By: Jamie Hamblin, OHS torch reporter

Come out on Friday, March 11 at 7 pm in the Olympia High School auditorium and watch the boys whip, nae nae, Harlem shake, and dougie at the Mr.Spartan pageant.
Mr. Spartan consists of 10 boys. Participants can be a Junior or Senior at Olympia High School. The night starts out with the boys participating and competing in opening dance, sports wear, talent and formal wear.
Collin Miller, OHS senior, a contestant of Mr. Spartan, said, “ Obviously I will win. It’s my second year in Mr. Spartan and I feel I am more prepared than last year. I have great dance team coaches that help me. I really know how to wow the audience.“
During the intermission of Mr. Spartan, the audience go into the commons and vote for the contestant they like the best. Each contestant has their own buckets that fans can vote for with a ticket; fans can throw in money the buckets for extra points.
Scott Fontaine, OHS senior, a contestant of Mr. Spartan gave us a little insight on his talent, “Chris Farley’s motivational speech on Saturday Night Live. You will be seeing a few toe touches throughout the night, don’t miss it.”
Lainey Whitaker, OHS senior, said, “ My favorite part about Mr. Spartan is the talent portion, I hope it’s as funny as last year. I wouldn’t change anything about Mr. Spartan.”
Johann Meyer, OHS junior, a contestant of Mr. Spartan said, “ I still haven’t started my talent performance. Our opening dance is good but we just can’t dance so it’s complicated. I’m going to bring out all of my ladies for my formal wear performance.”
Tickets are $7 going on sale on the week of the March 7. No sneak peaks, so you’ll just have to bring out family and friends to find out who will be the new Mr. Spartan!

No comments:

Post a Comment