Monday, February 29, 2016

Olympia Wrestlers Battle Their Way To State

By Jake Short, Olympia Torch Reporter

Olympia High School wrestlers battled in the high school gym, February 12-13th,   to see if they had what it took to qualify for state; three Olympia wrestlers accomplished their goal.

Pete Cleary, Olympia wrestling coach, said, “I am proud of Lane Litwiller, Bo Bauer, and Keaton Fogler for pushing it hard these past few days.”

During the weekend, over thirty-six teams were at Olympia. Competition put wrestlers to the test and emotions arose while Olympia battled their way to the top.

Lane Litwiller, junior Olympia wrestler, said, “I overcame a tough challenge but it’s all thanks to my team for pushing me to this point.”
“Everything in my body wanted me to make it to this point, everything I learned over the years came down to this,” said, Bo Bauer, Senior Olympia wrestler.

The wrestlers are all very well recognized athletes being ranked either top ten in the state or honorably mentioned. They worked to this point making sectionals a stepping stone to the big picture, State.

Keaton Fogler, Olympia wrestler, said, “I worked hard inseason and postseason to get to this point and it all payed off.”

These three Olympia wrestlers battled their way to the top throughout the year leading to the final moments of their season. They endured a long three day journey, and the whole season came down to these final few matches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment