Monday, February 29, 2016

Bachman Signs to Play at Lincoln Land College

d

By Sara Rathbun, OHS Torch reporter
On Friday, January 22, Olympia High School Senior Clay Bachman signed his letter of intent with Lincoln Land Community College to continue his baseball career for the next two years.
Clay will start his senior season in late February, and has been a 3-year starting catcher. Bachman, along with his fellow senior teammates have high hopes for this season.
All of the fellow seniors have a bittersweet feeling towards their last upcoming season. Bachman said, “I will miss playing with the teammates that he has played with since grade school.”
Although this is his last high school season, Clay has big hopes for a great two years at Lincoln Land. “The campus was very inviting, and the coaches were very honest and straight up with everything. The staff was also very friendly. Overall, I’m super excited to go there in the fall,” said Bachman.
“Over my whole baseball career, I have been supported more than I could have ever imagined, and I am so grateful for my friends, family, and teammates that came to the games rain or shine. I would not be where I am today without all of them,” said Bachman reminiscing on his baseball career.
Last season, the Lincoln Land Loggers had a really successful year going 42-16. Clay has high hopes of contributing to the Loggers’ success in the upcoming 2017 season.
According to Clay, he is not sure yet what he plans to do after Lincoln; although he hopes to go on to continue to play another two years, but he is unsure of where at the moment. He plans on studying Ag Business throughout his college.

OHS varsity baseball coach, Ron Smith, said, “ Clay is a great catcher. He has continued to develop as I’ve coached him throughout the years and he will continue to develop at the college level, and hopefully he will develop to be more of a team leader as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment