Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bell, Schopp Rally OHS Speech Team to Many Victories

By OHS Torch Reporter, Thomas Hallstein
    The Olympia High School speech team hasn't just been winning this season; many of the team's members have been winning individual awards and also team tournament awards, making them the top team in the conference.
Over the past couple of speech competitions, many OHS members have done big things for them individually and for their team, rallying them past other competitors.
OHS Senior veteran member David Bell is one of the main reasons why the team is having such great success. “I’ve been doing this for 4 years, I have plenty of experience under my belt," said Bell.
With Bell doing big things individually for himself and the team, the team has another great Senior Collin Schopp and his little brother Freshman Ethan Schopp.
“It’s nice to see my little brother off to a great career in speech,” said Senior Collin Schopp.
The 3 of them together create a pretty mean trio, with their skills and talents put together the team has high hopes of being conference champs.
“My brother has taught me a lot of things about speech, he’s showed me the basics,” said Freshman Ethan Schopp.
With the holidays coming up, the team has a decent amount of time off, but once it comes back to meets the team will be back to doing successful things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment